Our bodies change drastically over the years. These changes include skin aging, which is natural, where you see changes in its composition. Thinning of your lips, dark circles under your eyes, and wrinkles on your face are all part of skin aging. However, there is always a way to mitigate these signs of aging, including dermal fillers.
Dermal fillers have quickly become one of the most sought out methods for tissue re-inflation. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, dermal fillers were considered one of the top 5 cosmetic minimally invasive procedures in 2020.
Dermal fillers are made of a range of active substances, including collagen, hyaluronic gels, calcium microspheres, and even fat, and can be temporary, semi-permanent, or permanent. Read on to learn more about dermal filler treatment in Southlake, TX, and things you should know before trying it out.
What Exactly Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are a non-invasive cosmetic procedure where your skin gets injected with a soft gel-like substance to plump up wrinkles and smooth out lines. This treatment is FDA-approved and can address several common skin concerns for aging skin. Dermal fillers can also smooth deep under-eye circles, lift cheekbones, volumize the lips, rejuvenate hands, reduce the appearance of acne scars, etc. The final result of dermal fillers is to make your skin smoother, plumper, and young-looking.
There are four types of fillers available in the market. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA)- This is a naturally occurring acid in your skin. Fillers made of this substance can last up to 6 to 12 months.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA)- It’s a type of mineral found in your bones. Fillers made of this substance can last for more than a year.
- Poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA)- These are biodegradable synthetic materials that help your body to create collagen. Fillers made out of this substance can last for two years or more.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA)- These fillers are made up of small balls that stay under your skin once injected, so this treatment is permanent.
See Also: Why should I get Lip Fillers?
How Do I Know Which Dermal Filler to Try?
Your cosmetic surgeon will advise you on the best treatment option for you. They will, however, utilize a variety of dermal fillers to get the most natural-looking results. Fillers come in a variety of brands- and categories, and various formulations differ in terms of function – such as filling cheeks – and active agent concentration. Some are better at filling up fine wrinkles, while others are better at plumping lips.
Why Do People Get Dermal Fillers?
People get dermal fillers to look attractive and young. With dermal fillers, people can also avoid cosmetic surgeries as this treatment is non-invasive. Another reason why people opt for dermal fillers is that this treatment provides immediate results, and you get your desired look.
What Precautions Should I Take Before Getting Fillers?
Before getting dermal fillers, it’s essential to take some precautions to ensure a safe and successful procedure. Here are some important steps to consider:
- Research the Provider: Make sure to choose a qualified and experienced medical professional, like a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, to administer the dermal filler injections.
- Understand the Risks: Be aware of potential side effects, such as bruising, swelling, and allergic reactions, and discuss them with your provider during the consultation.
- Choose the Right Filler: Confirm with your provider which type of filler is best for your desired results, as different fillers are suited for various areas and concerns.
- Medications and Supplements: Make sure your doctor is aware of all the medications and supplements you are taking. Some medications or supplements might interfere with the procedure or increase the risk of complications.
- Medical History: Inform your provider about any medical conditions you may have, such as autoimmune disorders, bleeding disorders, or recent dental procedures. Certain conditions may not make you an ideal candidate for dermal fillers.
What Should I Ask My Doctor during the Consultation?
Discuss your goals and what you want to achieve with the treatment with your doctor during the consultation. Your doctor may suggest additional treatment depending on your skin and the goals you want to achieve. You should also ask your doctor for the before-and-after photos of other patients who have had this treatment done at the doctor’s office to get an in-depth view of the treatment. Make sure to ask for the qualifications and training of the doctor who is going to treat you during the consultation.
What Are the Possible Side Effects of Fillers?
Even though dermal fillers are mostly safe, they can have some side effects that normally go away in a week or two. The following are the most common side effects of dermal fillers:
There might be times when you have bumps under your skin after the treatment. These bumps can be easily treated with injections, medication, and even through surgery.
Who Should Avoid Dermal Fillers?
Doctors suggest that people should avoid dermal fillers if they are pregnant, lactating mothers, or have recently given birth to a baby. You should also avoid dermal fillers if you have a dental treatment like tooth cleaning. This dental treatment requires pressure and stretching of the skin, which can misplace the fillers. It’s always ideal to have a proper consultation with your doctors regarding any treatment you will take shortly after dermal fillers.
How Much Do Dermal Fillers Cost?
The cost of dermal fillers varies depending on various factors, including the quantity of the injectable, the expertise of the practitioner, the location of the clinic, and the specific area being treated. However, the average cost of dermal fillers varies from $500 to $800 per syringe.
Are Dermal Fillers Permanent?
Most dermal fillers are not permanent and can be changed or adjusted. Your doctor can inject additional fillers or can outright dissolve it altogether, depending on their types. Also, the changes made are quite subtle and not very noticeable.
How Long Will the Results Last?
Most fillers are temporary and break down after a certain period inside your body. The longevity of the result of your treatment will depend on the type of fillers used. Fillers made from hyaluronic acid can last up to 6 to 12 months, while fillers made of calcium hydroxylapatite can last for more than a year. Also, fillers made of poly-L-lactic acid can last for 2 years or more. It’s important to note that individual factors, like metabolism and the area treated, can also influence how long the results of the filler treatment will endure. Proper skincare and lifestyle choices can also contribute to maintaining the effects of the fillers for an extended period.
Choose Medrein Health & Aesthetics for Dermal Fillers
Are you searching for ‘dermal fillers near me’? If so, then visit Medrein Health & Aesthetics. We provide top-notch and personalized treatments, ensuring efficacy and excellent results in Southlake, TX. Our trained aesthetic physicians are committed to offering safe and effective treatments suited to your specific requirements. Contact us today to learn more about our skin treatment procedures.