One of the most common conditions in the US, acne which can leave lifelong scars that can disturb you both mentally and physically. These scars form wherever acne severely injures our skin tissue. The injuries lead to depression or inflammation of the skin resulting in reduced collagen in such places.
These scars are hard to treat with traditional approaches, but modern methods such as abrasion, topical medications, or laser treatments can successfully remove the scar from your face. At Medrein Health & Aesthetics, our team, led by Dr. Mikki, uses advanced laser technology to treat acne scars.
1. Ice Pick Scars – These are small and narrow but deep scars that are treated by punching out the underlying skin.
2. Rolling Scars – These are wide, rippling, and depressing scars with a rolling appearance that are treated by dermal fillers, laser, and microneedling.
3. Boxcar Scars – These shallow but large scars have well-defined edges and appear on the border of the skin. They can easily be treated by laser treatments.
4. Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation – Found as discolored or dark spots on the skin, these scars can be treated by medications or lasers.
5. Hypertrophic/Keloid Scars – These are thick raised scars developed due to the overproduction of collagen during the natural wound healing process. They can be treated through injections or lasers.
At Medrein Health & Aesthetics, we use both ablative and non-ablative laser procedures for treating acne, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, discoloration, and other skin imperfections. During ablative laser therapy, we remove the outer layer of the skin, while the non-ablative laser process involves triggering collagen production by reaching the deepest layers of the skin. In non-ablative laser treatments, we often offer topical anesthesia or numbing cream to our patients to ease the pain.
We use state-of-art Erbium and Nd: YAG based lasers from Fotona – the Starwalker and SP Dynamis to provide the best scar treatment. The laser will eliminate inflammation in and around the skin, reducing Sebum production while destroying acne-causing bacteria and providing scars-free skin to you.
Medrein Health & Aesthetics has been the go-to MedSpa center for residents of Southlake, Texas, and other surrounding areas for the last few years. Our board-certified aesthetic doctor, Haritha Mikkilineni, MD (Dr. Mikki), offers numerous non-surgical services for the whole body that can restore your skin and improve both your mental and physical health. Dr. Mikki’s expertise combined with our exclusive state-of-art laser devices, can help remove any scar from your face or body.
Contact us today or schedule an appointment to get started with your acne scar removal.
When acne is active, skin damage is vulnerable to severe inflammation, which is one of the reasons for scarring. Changes in the color and texture of acne-affected regions are one of the negative effects of inflammation.
You can prevent scars by avoiding touching or picking your active acne. Also, start investing in gentle cleansers to wash your face twice a day or use special face masks and peels.
You can see the results of your treatment in 4-6 weeks.
The cost varies from $700 to $1200 depending on several factors.
Generally, acne scars don’t go away on their own. Even if they do, it may take several months or years.